Monday 17 October 2016

STRANGE DUCKLINGS ( A PROCESS TRIPUPLET )



1.  I SAW -

i see 
the strange ducklings
from my stool
at
the
cafe
counter

they follow invisible trails
in the silent 10 AM

its a world of routine
mugs of tea all round

tin of broken biscuits
from the market stall

some blinkered browsing
in the library thrillers

and
god knows what
in
their
carrier
bags

walking in a line
like baby ducks
in 
  order 
    of 
      descending 
        social 
          ability

or so it looks to me

and
always home for the soaps


2. I THOUGHT -

thinking

h
m
m
m

with coffee / concentrating

a
a
a
h
!

and 

euuuurgh !  then . . .


3. I WROTE -

strange ducklings 
shuffle 
their 
baggage souls
in 
the 
pound shop crevices
of
the
pale jobless spaces

zipped up in anoraks 

bobbled trousers
pulled
too
high

out 
in 
the 
weekday daytime light
theyre cautious animals

all gone to ground
by
dusk


Image result for ugly duckling image

from quotesgram

No comments:

Post a Comment